This morning I had my first prenatal doctor’s appointment and it ended up taking much longer than expected, so I took the rest of the day off work. It was a pretty mundane day, but sometimes I think you learn the most about people in the mundane details. So, here are a few things that I saw throughout my mundane day:
– My desk calendar which told me that my doctor’s appointment was TODAY and not TOMORROW. Oh, crap.
– Two husbands sitting with their wives in the OB/GYN’s office, looking horrified and pretending to read Marie Claire magazines. I almost gave them one of my Preggie Pops.
– An old woman in the CVS where I was picking up my prescription. She stopped a young man in a Marines uniform, took his hand, kissed his cheek, and told him thank you.
– My dog with her two paws up on the counter, trying to reach a head of lettuce. Really? Lettuce? You’re going to risk a butt beating for a head of lettuce? Really?
– My doctor tell me that chocolate milk is a great source of calcium. Score!
– My baby’s heartbeat. Coolest part of my day.
– My debit card at the gas station. And that was the last time I saw it. Damn.
– A redheaded 2-year-old with big blue eyes in the grocery store. If I have a boy, it will look like that little boy. I think I stopped and stared for about 2 full minutes. And then his mom gave me a disgusted look and wheeled him away. Goodbye, Pretend Son.
– A girl with a bumper sticker that said, “I brake for weiners.” I’m assuming she meant hot dog weiners. Cause I brake for those, too.
– In about 4 minutes, I will spend my afternoon with my friend Oprah while I make lasagna for dinner.
I love mundane Mondays.